What is MongoDB?
MongoDB is an open-source NoSQL database, it can process structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data. It uses a non-relational, document-oriented data model and a non-structured query language. MongoDB provides high performance, high availability, and automatic scaling.
MongoDB is available under a general public license for free, and it is also available under a commercial license from the manufacturer.
Why do we use MongoDB?
- All modern applications require big data, fast feature development, and flexible deployment, and the older database systems are not competent enough, so MongoDB was needed.
- MongoDB is a document-oriented database. It is a key feature of MongoDB. It offers document-oriented storageSimply, le you can program it easily.
- MongoDB is a document-oriented database. It is a key feature of MongoDB. It offers document-oriented storage.
- MongoDB can also handle high volumes and can scale both vertically and horizontally to accommodate large data loads.
- Using MongoDB enables your team to go further and faster when developing software applications that handle data of all sorts in a scalable way.
- MongoDB is an excellent choice if you need to support rapid interactive development it makes developers’ work easier.
- There are several types of NoSQL databases, and MongoDB is a document-based NoSQL database that is open source
- if you have no prior understanding of the database, still you will be able to grasp it. MongoDB is good for beginners too.
Positive and negative consequences of MongoDB.
- GraphQL is way faster than other communication APIs.
- We can store large data by distributing it to several servers connected to an application.
- The speed of MongoDB is 100 times faster than the relational database.
- A great advantage of MongoDB is that it is a horizontally scalable database. When you have to handle large data, you can distribute it to several machines.
- MongoDB gives advanced features Ad-hoc Query Support this is why we don’t need to worry about force coming queries.
- MongoDB doesn’t support joins like a relational database.
- Due to the functionality of joins, there is data redundancy. This will be increasing the unnecessary usage of memory.
- In MongoDB, your document size will not be more than 16MB.
- In this blog, we saw What is MongoDB? Why we used MongoDB? and Positive and negative consequences of MongoDB. after reading this blog, now i expect that you will be able to make the proper decision because in today’s rapidly changing world websites and web-based solutions play a big part in how you access products and services. If you are looking for a swift, attractive, and user-friendly website builder using MongoDB, then Drop Techno Lab is always there to provide you with the best solutions and services for more profitable growth and success of your business.